How to Calculate and Tally-Up Hidden Benefits
Practice Pointers from the Task Force
b. Tally Sheets
- "How Much Does Your CEO Really Make? Go Figure," Nancy Trejos, Washington Post (2/8/09)
- "Company Boards Tally Up Executive Pay," AP, Washington Post 11/18/05
- "Stealth Compensation via Retirement Benefits," Lucian Arye Bebchuk and Jesse M. Fried (9/04)
- "How Some CEO Pay Flies Under the Radar,"
Joann S. Lublin, Economic Research Institute
- "Executive Pay: A Special Report; How
the Pay Figures Were Calculated,"
N.Y. Times (4/4/04) (paid subscribers)
- "Executive Pay; Hiding Behind Small Print,"
Gretchen Morgenson, N.Y. Times (2/8/04) (paid subscribers)
- "Buried Treasure: Well Hidden Perk Means Big Money for Top Executive,"
Ellen E. Schultz and Theo Francis, Wall Street Journal (10/11/02) (finds growth of deferred compensation accounts has been largely overlooked as rich salaries, sweetheart loans and generous stock options have prompted scrutiny of executive compensation)
- "Re-Examining Deferred Compensation," The Corporate Executive September-October 1987