The Pay & Proxy Podcast: Equity Award Delegations in Delaware (10/23)
Sheri Adler is a partner at Troutman Pepper where she advises boards, compensation committees, and companies on executive and director compensation matters. Sheri recently co-authored a memo on equity award delegations following the 2023 amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law.
- The differing requirements for option/RSU and restricted stock award delegations in Delaware before the 2022 DGCL amendments
- The welcome changes to the DGCL in August 2022
- How the further amendments in 2023 addressed interpretive issues
- Remaining areas of ambiguity
- Best practices for equity award delegations, documentation and recordkeeping
- Avoiding the constraints of Sections 152 or 157 by delegating to a one-member board committee
How to Listen to This Podcast: All you have to do is double-click on the MP3 file you want to listen to and by default, your audio player will open the file and start playing.
The views set forth in the podcast are the speaker's personal views and do not necessarily reflect those of their firm, company, institution, other organizations, or any of the clients with which they are associated.