"Ethics, Conflicts and Privilege Issues in Executive Compensation"
Thursday, February 2, 2012
2:00 - 3:00 pm, eastern [archive and transcript to follow]
Executive pay simply is the most sensitive topic inside a company. There have always been ethical, conflicts and privilege issues in this area, but there are now more than ever with Dodd-Frank's new whistleblower and "independent counsel" provisions changing the playing field. In this webcast, learn how to recognize these tricky issues, as well as how to handle them, by hearing the analysis as these experts run through a number of specific common scenarios:
- Christie Daly, Partner, Bryan Cave HRO
- Mike Melbinger, Partner, Winston & Strawn LLP
- Mark Poerio, Partner, Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP
Among the important topics that will require up-to-the-minute guidance, the webcast will cover:
- How does counsel handle the inherent conflict of designing and drafting plans and agreements under the supervision of executive who will benefit from those plans and agreements?
- What is the role of inside counsel?
- What is the role of the compensation committee?
- Can you qualify as independent legal counsel for your current client under Dodd-Frank Act Sec. 952(b)?
- Has Dodd-Frank Act Sec. 952(b) made the retention of independent legal counsel a best practice for compensation committees?
- Under what circumstances should a compensation committee retain independent legal counsel?
- Can inside or outside counsel receive a whistleblower bounty under Section 922 of the Dodd-Frank?
- How does counsel reconcile its ethical duties to clients with the whistleblower provisions of Dodd-Frank and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act?
Cost: As 2012 members of CompensationStandards.com are able to attend this critical webcast at no charge, you need to renew
or try a no-risk trial now. Otherwise, the webcast cost for non-members is $595.
You can renew or sign up for a no-risk trial online - or by fax or mail via this order form. If you need assistance, send us an email at info@CompensationStandards.com
- or call us at 925.685.5111.
Bonus! Most law firms and consulting firms (and most larger companies) now have "Unlimited Firmwide" memberships.
If you try a firmwide no-risk trial, you will also receive ongoing access to the entire video archive and the invaluable materials
of the critical "Say-on-Pay Workshop: 8th Annual Executive Compensation Conference" - and the many other practical resources on CompensationStandards.com
How to access the webcast program:
Visit CompensationStandards.com and click the link on the webcast. You need either Windows Media or Flash to listen to the webcast.
What you can do if you can't access the live program: If you have a scheduling conflict or have problems accessing webcasts generally (due to firewalls, etc.), an audio archive of the webcast will be posted immediately after the program - and a text transcript of the program will be posted on CompensationStandards.com about a week after the live webcast.